cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

CREO 2: Pesky surface flip

EricHuffman
2-Guest

CREO 2: Pesky surface flip

Gurus,

How do you enter a negative angle without edit definition and how do you get it to stay (mine flips on regeneration)? On the image shown if I modify/edit the shown 45 to -45 or 315 it does not move. However if I edit definition it will. But it seems to flip around unexpectedly after a full regen. I remember this being an issue when using datum planes because planes have two sides but this is a solid planar surface. Has anyone cracked this code or can provide a good rule of thumb for rotating in both positive and negative directions?

BTW: The assembly constraints are planar coincident, axis coincident, and angle offset.

CREO 2.0 m110

Windchill 10.0 m030

Thanks,

Eric

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

I believe you want
Show_dim_sign no

In this case config option Show_dim_sign no made minimal difference. Yes the option adds the "-" so you can see it but it still did not force the part to move or flip to the other side.
I made this video using screen capture which can explain it better.
Can anyone offer some alternatives to try??

Ps...I don't know if it makes a difference but there are about 10 of these parts, all assembled the same way, and my goal is to make a family table showing different configuration at varying angles. That is why this is turning into such a pain.

Thanks,
Eric

Carl,

The arrow to the right lists recently used values.

[cid:image001.png@01CFE3A3.15F1B450]

Thanks,
Eric
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:EricHuffman)

Eric,

If you want to make this bullet proof, use the rotation of a coordinate system as the value being changed. You will probably need to create some planes through this coordinate system to assemble the second model to, but you will never have weird flipping issues.

Tom U.

There used to be a dialog in WF5/WF4 that would make the values absolute (no flipping).
You would get a warning in the Family Table editor when you entered a negative value for one of the parameters in an instance row.
I thought that it put a $ or % before the parameter name in the table (but I could be mistaken)

Christopher F. Gosnell

FPD Company
124 Hidden Valley Road
McMurray, PA 15317

According to PTC tech support this is not working as intended so they will have to fix this in a future build.
Follow SPR 2245341 if interested.

Thanks,
Eric
Top Tags