cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

CREO 3.0 will not create a BOM beyond one part layer deep

lfritz
1-Newbie

CREO 3.0 will not create a BOM beyond one part layer deep

Hi guys, I know about creating the repeat region in my table and setting the attributes of duplicates yes/no and recursivenes but I am missing something.

I've watched numerous videos of the process and when I follow along, it just doesn't populate past the first one or sometimes the second line item, but something does not seem right.  My BOM lists only the immediate sub assemblies, but those sub assemblies don't even populate in my master assembly, nor do the components of those sub assemblies show in my BOM table pictured below.

Anyone know what settings I have set wrong or not doing correctly?

Creo will not create a BOM beyond 2 part.JPG

Thanks a Ton Fellas'

9 REPLIES 9
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:lfritz)

Your picture is not of a Repeat Region BOM, but some other report. Maybe this is entirely new in Creo 3, but I haven't seen any Creo data show up in the browser window. I also don't see the right hand side of the browser window contents, so maybe if you scroll to the right there will be a button to expand the BOM levels.

Sorry for not posting a picture of the table David. All it shows is my header row and then one row of data below that in the table and then all blank rows below that one. I figured that the solution was tied to the information that was feeding that table such as the attributes some parameters etc. so I posted the BOM info tab that should contain the same underlying data that feeds the repeat regions. 

As you can see that data appears blank underneath the headers yet the assemblies that are all part of the master assembly are shown on the left. Expanding those header names displays the rest of the components that comprise that assembly in the left pain but not in the tab.

I have tried every way I can think of to expand or find more detail beyond those.

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Repeat Regions typically don't have blank rows. Have you looked at the table relations and table filters?

The repeat region headers should contain something like &asm.mbr.name and &rpt.qty, but if it includes &rpt.rel.xyz then it is being driven by Repeat Region relations and those may be the source of the problem.

Kevin
10-Marble

‌If the Bill of Materials selection is anything like previous versions, the list you are showing is controlled by a text file You need to edit. I'd have to look into the format of it.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Are you using a pre-defined table that you are bring in from a file (something.tbl)? If so, you need to go to TABLE -REPEAT REGION - ATTRIBUTES - select the table. FLAT will give you only one level. RECURSIVE will go all the way down the levels.

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:StephenW)

From what I can tell it's not a repeat region table it's a report created by selecting the Bill of Materials icon. In this case the report is created from a BOM format file which is a text file.

Kevin
10-Marble

Can post what your bom_format file looks like and what datecode you are using?

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:Kevin)

Here is the format for the format file of the table being shown, there should be a line return after the .row definition under summary otherwise you may get an error in file message. There is a line for .titles that is used for writing the info to a text file.

.breakdown

.row %description[-32s]  %material[-32s]  %$quantity[-]

.summary

.row %description[-32s]  %material[-32s]  %$quantity[-]

I am having similar issues, but when I make the table Recursive it keeps duplicating the line above it.

See my sample attached.

Any help would be appreciated.

Top Tags