cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

CREO BOM

ssaini
3-Visitor

CREO BOM

CREO.PNG

GOOD DAY TO ALL!!!

I want to filter Creo BOM by item but Creo is giving me a error message that "you may not perform this action due to symbol asm.mbr.c param.". Could anyone help me.

3 REPLIES 3
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:ssaini)

I don't recall exactly, but apparently your table depends on a component parameter to provide indexing. I would look at the columns of the table to see what the cparam is used for and at the filters and any table relations that affect the table contents that depend on the cparam.

Typically this means that whoever created the assembly and the matching repeat regions provided a different method to control which items are displayed in the BOM.

For a former employer I wrote a comprehensive document about repeat regions with examples; sadly I can't share it and no longer have a copy. It would be kind if PTC support would do something like that.

A component parameter for the item/index number would be formated like this:

asm.mbr.cparam.findnumber

where "findnumber" is the name of the component paramter.

If you do that process for passing that number to Windchill then you can't/shouldn't filter the BOM because that will not pass to windchill. We set that value to 0 and use that to filter it out in the drawing BOM.

These are the options under asm.mbr. when defining the content of the cell. I don't see any options with your syntax in this list.

10-4-2017 1-35-37 PM.png

Sorry for that, I miss read the parameter. That is the same pick we are using.

Like I said if you are using that to pass values into windchill, then you can't use many of the features in the repeat region editor, like recursive, filter, etc. Your assembly has to be flat. If you have sub-assemblies that you would like to show the contents of in the BOM, but not the sub-assy itself, then you can't use sub-assy's to do that. You need to make a UDF of the sub-assy and assemble that. That keeps the assembly flat so that the BOM works.

And any filtering you would do in the drawing BOM would not be passed to Windchill.

Top Tags