cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

CREO Drawing Sheet Enhenacements - Consolidated

jforsyth
12-Amethyst

CREO Drawing Sheet Enhenacements - Consolidated

Being new to CREO and this community I have searched for solutions to issues we are having.  I have found it confusing trying to find solutions with so many posts for the same issue.  I have submitted 2 other posts that describe all of the issues we are having.  It wass suggested that I break these long posts into smaller ones.

My original posts are here:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Ideas/Some-CREO-Drawing-Enhancements/idc-p/485687#M9775

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Ideas/Some-CREO-Enhancements/idc-p/485686#M9774

I am not even sure if this is the location for CREO enhancemments or iif the PTC folks even read these.

I apologize in advance for any duplication.

Pleae add to this if I have imissed anything.

Drawing Sheets

Issue

When we reorder the drawing sheets drawing parameter &current_sheet is updated to reflect the correct sheet number in sequential order.  The sheet number in the tab at the bottom of the page does not change.  I know you can manually change the sheet number in the tab, but when you are working on 20+ sheet drawing this can take a lot of time.

Enhancement Solution

Make the parameter for the sheet name in the tab at the bottom of the page available to the users so they can create some kind of relation so it will reflect the actual sheet number.

Linking Drawing Sheets

Issue

We create notes for a view callout that we want to link to the main view.  For example, the view callout may read “DETAIL AA  SEE SHEET XX”  where xx is the sheet number where the detail view was defined.  There currently is a parameter that links the view names in a similar fashion.  Not be experienced in using this parameter is seems to me we need to make sure the main view and the detail view have similar names.  It would be easier to be able to link the ouor note to a sheet number rather than the view name. 

Enhancement Solution

Allow a drawing note to have a parameter that can be linked to the Drawing sheet number.  Preferably the sheet tab at the bottom of the window after the previous enhancement has been incorporated.

Interrogating the Drawing

Issue

We typically create 50+ sheet drawings.  As part of our checking process we would like to be able to create a routine that would read all of the drawing objects by type and:

1. List the drawing object type (Balloon, Symbol, annotation, etc.).
  2. Access the drawing sheet these objects are on.
  3. Be able to read the variable text in these objects (Flag note text, balloon item number, etc.).
  4. Extract the values for all drawing parameters values.

Without this capability the checking process is mind numbing.  I know Model Check can do some of these things but not all.

Enhancement Solution

Expose the code object types so we can create a routine to search and read these object types.  Maybe a list of exposed Drawing objects types and what they point to in the drawing.  For example, the code object type bln = a Drawing balloon.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags