cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

CREO Relations - Repeat Region failing

lockarde
7-Bedrock

CREO Relations - Repeat Region failing

Currently running Creo Parametric 7.

I'm trying to auto-populate a repeat region.  In this assembly, there are two cases:

1) XXXXXX-XXXXX-000, where "000" is the component find number. This is a parameter automatically generated at the part level, and can be called via relation asm_mbr_fn

2) The second case is a manually entered find number at the assembly level. This can be called via asm_mbr_cparam_find_number

These cases are mutually exclusive, i.e

Parts that fall under case 2 do not have an automatically generated asm_mbr_fn,

Parts that fall under case 1 do not have a manually entered asm_mbr_cparam_find_number

The components that fall under either case also have a specific naming convention. (see "YYYY", "_XXX" and "_YYYY" below)

Here is the relation I have written - but it is not working correctly, specifically the second IF statement is failing. Those cells in the table are blank.  The first IF statement works just fine - it correctly populates the part_name and the FIND_NO.

name_len =string_length(asm_mbr_name)
SEARCH_PARAM = search(asm_mbr_name, "_")
us_loc = SEARCH_PARAM-1
us_loc_2 = SEARCH_PARAM+1
pn_len = name_len - SEARCH_PARAM
IF string_starts(asm_mbr_name, "YYYY") & SEARCH_PARAM>0
part_name = extract(asm_mbr_name,us_loc_2,pn_len)
FIND_NO = asm_mbr_cparam_find_number
else
part_name = asm_mbr_name
FIND_NO = asm_mbr_fn
endif
IF string_ends(asm_mbr_name, "_XXX") | string_ends(asm_mbr_name,"_YYYY")
part_name = extract(asm_mbr_name,1,us_loc)
FIND_NO = asm_mbr_cparam_find_number
endif

It's also worth noting that before I included the FIND_NO lines, the part_name populated correctly for all components. Now only those components that fall under the first IF statement are populating.

I'm scratching my head here - I can't figure out why the addition of the FIND_NO messes everything up. Any help is greatly appreciated!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the response @BenLoosli! After fiddling with it the rest of the afternoon, I was able to get it working.  Basically I had to split everything up into separate IF statements.  Once I removed the "else" and made that condition it's own IF, everything worked. Which is weird... but hey, it works😂.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:lockarde)

Can you upload an example drawing, assembly and part files (zipped) that have the proper parameters for testing?

Thanks for the response @BenLoosli! After fiddling with it the rest of the afternoon, I was able to get it working.  Basically I had to split everything up into separate IF statements.  Once I removed the "else" and made that condition it's own IF, everything worked. Which is weird... but hey, it works😂.

Kotom-Eng
15-Moonstone
(To:lockarde)

You are in the wrong forum.

PTC has two CAD systems:    Creo+ and Creo Parametric    and     Creo Elements Direct.

Which makes it confusing.

More, for Creo Elements Direct:

- The 3D software name is Modeling, and

- The 2D software name is Drafting.

For Creo+ and Creo Parametric, use only this tab:

KotomEng_0-1726125297525.png

You should move your post to this community to have a better chance to get an answer.

http://kotom.eng.free.fr
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags