cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Can I adjust the size of the window for redefining features?

AB_10071442
13-Aquamarine

Can I adjust the size of the window for redefining features?

When I edit features and the references for parts in my assembly are gone, I need to redefine the constraints using this window.

This is what the window looks likeThis is what the window looks like

But the names of the features are way longer than the window, so they mostly do not fit inside. Is there maybe any way to extend the window where the name of the features is written into?

can_you_make_this_window_bigger2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:AB_10071442)

I usually move my mouse over the reference and look at the message log to determine the feature name. Its a horrible work-around but the only one I have

StephenW_0-1660562613302.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@AB_10071442 wrote:

When I edit features and the references for parts in my assembly are gone, I need to redefine the constraints using this window.

This is what the window looks likeThis is what the window looks like

But the names of the features are way longer than the window, so they mostly do not fit inside. Is there maybe any way to extend the window where the name of the features is written into?

can_you_make_this_window_bigger2.png

Hi,

unfortunately requested functionality is not implemented.

Martin Hanák
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:MartinHanak)

Here is an Idea to allow this functionality:

Ribbon tool drop-down dialog resize option 

There is always more to learn in Creo.
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I usually move my mouse over the reference and look at the message log to determine the feature name. Its a horrible work-around but the only one I have

StephenW_0-1660562613302.png

mkajdan
14-Alexandrite

In Creo 8, if you hover over the constraint it will automatically expand so you can read the full name of the feature so it appears this has been addressed.

mkajdan_0-1660566701590.png

While your mouse is hovored above the window, you can actually scroll using your mouse wheel, so that the name of the feature moves left and right within the window. That way, you can read the name of the feature. (I'm using Creo 4.0)

remy
21-Topaz I

When redefinine a constraints when the name of the entity is too look, the display box is too short and you need to hover with the mouse to get the complete name. This is indeed annoying and this is working to product specifications for Creo Parametric.
To request solution to maybe make the display box sizeable and/or auto sizeable, you might want to file a Product Idea.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Here is an Idea to vote for:

Ribbon tool drop-down dialog resize option - PTC Community

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags