cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Can I disable the "override value" in drawing dimensions

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

Can I disable the "override value" in drawing dimensions

Hi, there is a way to override the actual 3D model dimensions when displaying them in a drawing. Dialog box is shown below:

image (2).png

My question is if there is anyway to disable this "override" feature to prevent users from "cheating"? Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:BHOoi)

Hello BH OOI

there is a way based on Modelcheck. Please see picture belowe.

Modelcheck-overwrite_dimmensions.JPG

Whole Modelcheck Help topic collection is attached.

This has been cut from page 150.

Hope it helps

Regards

Milan

BHOoi
15-Moonstone
(To:mbonka)

Thanks. What I really want is to disallow anyone to change any of the model dimensions WITHOUT changing the 3D model. We have cases whereby @O was used to "fake" the new values and thus 3D model is no longer accurate.

dschenken
21-Topaz I

What are you going to do when they draw the dimension with sketched lines?

How about if the views are all sketched with no model geometry shown in the 'views' at all?

Consider a trip to outplacement with HR.

manjunathrv
17-Peridot

It is not possible to overwrite a shown or actual dimension from 3D model.

So only created dimensions can be overwritten and Milan mentioned this can be controlled by Modelcheck.

BHOoi
15-Moonstone
(To:manjunathrv)

ya, model check is the right way/tool to "check" but I would like to "prevent" to minimize policing work..

swood
6-Contributor

First time you're warned, second time you're fired. That's my approach. Now if only I had the authority to do it. The world really would be a better place.

It really is a training thing though. It is the same as any other department policies - your job is to follow them, if not there will be consequences.

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:swood)

Steven Wood  napsal(a):

First time you're warned, second time you're fired. That's my approach. Now if only I had the authority to do it.

l´m happy, l´m not alone who got this opinion.

its kind of universal problem...

Top Tags