cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Can you still check this? PRODIM_ATTR_VIS_IN_DWG_ONLY

msteffke
12-Amethyst

Can you still check this? PRODIM_ATTR_VIS_IN_DWG_ONLY

Updating code for Creo3 compliance deprecating Pro_develop.   This function use to get me all the dimensions in a model that were visible in the drawing.  I can still find if dimension is reldriven, but it appears to me they took away my ability to check for PRODIM_ATTR_VIS_IN_DWG_ONLY.     Is there a way?

ndim = prodim_get_dim_ids(models[0], PRO_DIM_PARAM , PRODIM_ATTR_DRIVEN |

PRODIM_ATTR_VIS_IN_DWG_ONLY, &dim_array);

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS228567

From Pro/ENGINEER 2000i2 the Pro/Develop function prodim_get_dim_ids() is superseded by ProDrawingDimensionVisit() and ProSolidDimensionVisit().

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mender
6-Contributor
(To:msteffke)

I'm not sure offhand, but I think these would be dimensions that are driven and reply false to ProDimensionIsAccessibleInModel

msteffke
12-Amethyst

.   Well, I figured it out.    The old PD way in one step you got all the dimensions, with a filter applied for driven_dims and vis_in_dwg.

The new way:

First realize that dimensions either belong to a drawing or a solid.   That decision is somewhat determined by the config option "create_drawing_dims_only" was set to YES.  Default is NO.  We use NO. That determines if you use ProSolidDimensionVisit  or ProDrawingDimensionVisit   (or both)

For me, I Use   ProSolidDimensionVisit

Then use ProAnnotationIsShown   on every dim, passing in the drawing handle you suspect is could be shown in.

Also using ProDimensionCanRegen

Basically I'm cleaning up by looking for all the purple dims and hiding them.

mender
6-Contributor

Oh!  I thought you were looking through solid dims and wondering which ones not to worry about because they are only for use in a particular drawing.  Yes, if you have a drawing to hand, ProAnnotationIsShown (or ProDrawingDimensionIsDisplayed), in the filter func to ...Visit is a good way to know the dimension is in the drawing.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS228567

From Pro/ENGINEER 2000i2 the Pro/Develop function prodim_get_dim_ids() is superseded by ProDrawingDimensionVisit() and ProSolidDimensionVisit().

msteffke
12-Amethyst
(To:mender)

Thanks for taking a look Matt!   And Seshu!  This has been a tricky topic.   The key words went from visible to displayed to shown.  And it all went from pro develop to proDimension.h and now to proannotation.h.    Unfortunate use of time, chasing this and reworking all of this old code.

Top Tags