cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Cannot Remove Surface From Drawing

nhall
11-Garnet

Cannot Remove Surface From Drawing

Hi,

I have imported a parasolid, which contains some inserts that have been interpreted as surfaces. An issue arises when I come to make the drawing. The inserts are permanently shown in every orientation. The below image shows what it looks like (this is not a section view) and I have tried the normal method of erasing the line using Edge Display but no cooperation from creo.

As this is a parasolid, it is all imported as a singular item so am unable to delete the individual faces/bodies.

Is there anything I am not thinking of?

Cheers,

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tgriffin
4-Participant
(To:nhall)

Switch over to your layer tree.

layer tree1.jpg

Create a new layer.

layer tree2.jpg

Add the surfaces to your new layer (it might help to utilize your selection filter).

layer tree3.jpg

Then hide the new layer, and save the layer status.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
tgriffin
4-Participant

You can set it so those surfaces are hidden in your layer tree.  If there is not already a layer for them, just create a layer with the surfaces on it and then hide that layer and save the display status.

nhall
11-Garnet
(To:tgriffin)

Although it is acting like a surface, my model tree only contains an imported feature so no surfaces are actually selectable.

tgriffin
4-Participant

Switch over to your layer tree.

layer tree1.jpg

Create a new layer.

layer tree2.jpg

Add the surfaces to your new layer (it might help to utilize your selection filter).

layer tree3.jpg

Then hide the new layer, and save the layer status.

You may be able to just select the import feature to add to the layer...

Either way its probably only a single click for selection, and by selecting the quilt, rather than the whole import feature, it won't hide associated datums.

nhall
11-Garnet
(To:tgriffin)

Got it! I didn't think it would let me select it as a quilt, as I thought creo thought it was combined with the rest of the solid body. created a new layer, quilt selection filter then selected the two inserts. Sorted!

Thanks

Top Tags