cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Cannot edit dimensions in sketcher any more

RV_8071958
2-Guest

Cannot edit dimensions in sketcher any more

Dear all,

I am running into the strangest problem: for some reason in Creo 8.0.5.0, when I double-click a dimension in the Sketcher, I cannot edit it any more. The text input appears but disappears instantly again. Only when I am very, very fast in entering a new number, I can edit the dimension. There is no apparent reason why this happens, it started all of a sudden.

Running in win32_gdi-mode, and re-installing Creo did not help.

Has this been seen before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dario73
13-Aquamarine
(To:RV_8071958)

Hi,

the problem is in the home page of the browser. You can handle this by setting the option in config.pro:

web_browser_homepage about:blank

Dario

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

@RV_8071958 wrote:

Dear all,

I am running into the strangest problem: for some reason in Creo 8.0.5.0, when I double-click a dimension in the Sketcher, I cannot edit it any more. The text input appears but disappears instantly again. Only when I am very, very fast in entering a new number, I can edit the dimension. There is no apparent reason why this happens, it started all of a sudden.

Running in win32_gdi-mode, and re-installing Creo did not help.

Has this been seen before?

Hi,

maybe there is a collision with another software.

Please read https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Education-Forum/Error-editing-sketch-dimensions/m-p/862801 discussion.

Martin Hanák

Thanks for your reply, I did not find that topic during searching, it however does show the exact same issue. I changed my regional settings in Windows quite recently to have a dot as decimal separator (comma is standard here in the Netherlands), so I was quite hopeful that reverting my changes might solve the problem. Unfortunately, no luck. I also don't recall installing any software that might interfere based on keyboard events, but I'll look further.

@RV_8071958 wrote:

Thanks for your reply, I did not find that topic during searching, it however does show the exact same issue. I changed my regional settings in Windows quite recently to have a dot as decimal separator (comma is standard here in the Netherlands), so I was quite hopeful that reverting my changes might solve the problem. Unfortunately, no luck. I also don't recall installing any software that might interfere based on keyboard events, but I'll look further.

Hi,

if Creo is installed on more than 1 computer, you can test another computer and compare software list from both computers.

Martin Hanák

I tried that of course, it was my fallback option, as using workarounds was my fallback option. Strangely enough, the other system is now showing the same symptom all of a sudden (did not change/install anything!)

Hi,

FYI Windows 10 + 11 automatically updates graphic card drivers by default. Maybe this is the root of the problem.

Martin Hanák
Dario73
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

the problem is in the home page of the browser. You can handle this by setting the option in config.pro:

Dario

I'm flabbergasted, this actually works. Can somebody explain the behavior? There has been a time when I did not run into problems.

Dario73
13-Aquamarine

This is a problem that PTC fixed with Creo Parametric 8.0.8.0 and 9.0.4.0 (I have not tested if these versions fix the problem)

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS378868

Thanks. I suddenly experienced this bug in Creo 9.0.0.0 and after setting this in my config file and restarting Creo it worked.

MZ_254
1-Newbie
(To:Dario73)

Hello @Dario73 ,

I am facing the same issue now (in creo 9.0.0), can you please elaborate on how to solve it?

Thank you!

MZ

Dario73
13-Aquamarine
(To:MZ_254)

Hello,

you need to edit the config.pro adding this option:

Restart Parametric the problem is solved.

Or you can update Creo Parametric to the latest build 9.0.8.0 that fixed the problem.

Dario

MZ_254
1-Newbie
(To:Dario73)

I'm sorry but I'm a bit lost.

When adding the option, what do I put for name and value? (image attached)Screenshot (326).png

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MZ_254)

NAME:     web_browser_homepage 

VALUE:    about:blank

Hi,

FYI you can edit config.pro file using Notepad, too.

Martin Hanák

Okay, thank you both!

Top Tags