cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Central Communication Part/File to All Upper Level Assemblies

Norman
1-Newbie

Central Communication Part/File to All Upper Level Assemblies

I want to set up a part to be used as a gateway of communication (a flag in case something changes), but at the same time it does not bring into the PDM (Windchill in this case). I'm thinking of a skeleton part but struggling with the following issues:

1. How do I make changes where outside my modules are affected and they get flagged? For example, I own the engine and somebody else owns the transmission. I make a change to the engine, and somehow the transmission owner is "flagged" because the changes happen at the interfaces between engine and transmission. In this transmission's skeleton should have some features that tie to my engine. This goes both ways of course.

2. If I establish relation between engine and transmission per #1 but I don't want to bring in unncessary assemblies except my engine, what are some possible solutions? By copying external geometry and retaining dependencies I now have to bring in the transmission every time I check out the engine in Windchill. That's not what I want.

Anyone in similar situation have any suggestions or recommendations?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
DanAdler
12-Amethyst
(To:Norman)

Are you using a Model Manager Server? If so you can "subscribe" to a part or assembly. I don't use this but I think if you are subscribed to something it will send an alert if that part/assembly is changed.

DanAdler
12-Amethyst
(To:DanAdler)

Actually I went back and read your post. Are you using Creo Elemnts/Direct (formerly CoCreate)? Or a different PTC product?

Thanks Dan. We're using Creo Element and soon upgrading to Creo Parametric (or Creo 2.0). Not sure if it has Model Manager Server? How does that work? Maybe it's something for us to consider purchasing.

GaryLinscheid
15-Moonstone
(To:Norman)

I think you posted this in the wrong area.

Sounds like you are using Creo Elements/Pro and not Creo Elements/Direct.

Top Tags