cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Change Parameter Values through Repeat Region

GR_9633987
4-Participant

Change Parameter Values through Repeat Region

I am trying to make a semi-automated assembly that will take inputs from the user, shuffle in the appropriate sub-assemblies, and generate my model.

The issue I'm having is making a user friendly way of collecting the inputs. I've heard that a table could be made in a drawing attached to an assembly, and repeat regions used to alter assembly parameters. I've actively no idea how to get this done. 

For reference, I need to be able to have a user input the voltage, amperage, and quantity of a type of wire assembly. I need them to also do this several times, as there can be several of these subassemblies present in the overall model.

I can write the code and relations to manipulate the data and assembly from there, but repeat regions have always been a bit outside my understanding. 

Any and all help would be appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

@GR_9633987 wrote:

I am trying to make a semi-automated assembly that will take inputs from the user, shuffle in the appropriate sub-assemblies, and generate my model.

The issue I'm having is making a user friendly way of collecting the inputs. I've heard that a table could be made in a drawing attached to an assembly, and repeat regions used to alter assembly parameters. I've actively no idea how to get this done. 

For reference, I need to be able to have a user input the voltage, amperage, and quantity of a type of wire assembly. I need them to also do this several times, as there can be several of these subassemblies present in the overall model.

I can write the code and relations to manipulate the data and assembly from there, but repeat regions have always been a bit outside my understanding. 

Any and all help would be appreciated!

Hi,

Repeat Region is wrong direction ... It gets information from model and display them in a table. That's all. The user can define new parameter inside Repeat Region -  but this parameter is not accessible outside of Repeat Region.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags