cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Changing Reference Point of Triangle from Line Point to a Specific Location

ENGINEERINGXYZ
4-Participant

Changing Reference Point of Triangle from Line Point to a Specific Location

I'm working on a project and have encountered a challenge with changing the reference point of a triangle in Creo. As illustrated in the attached picture, I need to move the reference from its current location on one of the triangle's vertex to a designated point shown in red. Any suggestion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

please replay attached video.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You should be able to select the 0.327 dimension, right click, select the "replace" function and define as the dimension you show in red...pausob_0-1695678202914.png

Have you tried the Move/Resize tool? It's actually really useful. You select the geometry you want to move, then activate the tool (in the popup menu, for example). You can then use the RMB to move the snapping point around, and attach it to the bottom of the triangle. Then use the LMB to move the triangle, and you can now snap the point to the reference. This will move the entire triangle without distorting it, and temporarily deactivate any contraints that hinders that movement, and recreate them at the end if possible.

EDIT: Seems I misunderstood the question. See Martin's reply below for a better answer.

Hi,

please replay attached video.

Martin Hanák

Thank you for the response 😁. I find that I can only replicate your steps if I complete drawing the first triangle, exit the drawing function, and then return to edit it. Is this typical behavior? 

No, this is not typical behaviour. It looks like your dimensions are "weak" dimensions. Martin dimensions are strong dimension. In your sketch, you should be able to just add the dimensions as you need them to be and the weak dimensions will just disappear as you add strong dimensions.

Weak dimensions are just there as a placeholder until you add your dimensioning scheme.   Between them and constrains (weak or strong, you can tell based on your color scheme), your sketch is always fully constrained. 

Top Tags