cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Changing a BOM

dbolden
4-Participant

Changing a BOM

I want to change Item 1 of my BOM away from the actual part number to "See Note 1".  If I delete the value in the cell it deletes the following BOM components.  I would also like to change the description from it's part name.  Both of these fields appear to be uneditable.  When I right click the field it has "edit value" but that does nothing.  It doesn't even bring up a place to change.  This is the last item I need to align.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

You need to change the parameter within the part to be "see note one". If you are using the model name as your parameter, you need to add a parameter to be used instead on all your parts.

Otherwise, you can add a row and put item one in it. Then exclude item one in your repeat region and do a fix index to start your repeat region area at 2. (in other words, fake row one)

Top Tags