cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Changing structure of a multi-level family table

rhuisstede
1-Newbie

Changing structure of a multi-level family table

Hello everybody,

If possible, I maybe want to change an existing Multi-level table. It is an part "Bolt" with DIN and ISO as highest level. Downwards it consist of the several DIN- and ISO-norms. When putting a hexbolt M6 ISO8765 in the assembly you look first for ISO and then the specific norm and size. Because ISO8765 is equal to DIN960, I want to smash ISO8765 and DIN960 to one level! And so also smash the highest levels DIN and ISO to one "DIN/ISO" or even delete!

I hope it's clear what I want!? And it's problably not possible, I suspect, but maybe can someone suprise me?

Is it also possible to copy one level?

Thanks already!

Greets Raymond

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

If I need something copy from one Family table to another I use always CTRL+C >> CTRL+V = copy and paste.

In Family Table you can copy all information.

Tru to use this technique

Note: do not forget >> Select rows > CTRL+C >> Delete rows (delete old names) >> Remove all information from memory and then CTRL+V

I thisnk that it will be OK. You can try it

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Thanks Vladimir for your reaction. But I wasn't quite clear I suppose or I do something wrong:

- I could copy and paste a row, but

- I mean a "sub"-table with al its rows, so I can make one standard table and copy it multiple times and make some slightly changes.

Is it clear what I ment?

Greets Raymond

Raymond,

I guess that if you switch from Pro/TABLE editor to MS Excel then you can do everything what you need. For example you can open another instance of Excel and copy the whole subtable into it.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I have created quick examle for you: Video Link : 6262

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Thanks again for the answers. I've already tried to edit it with excel, but didn't get to the solution I want. I will keep trying! I've got no idea what the function is from Import/export to the different formats. Maybe that's a possibility, when changing some names?!

Towards Vladimir: I want also the collums to be copied to another table. When I try, it does'n work!?

@rhuisstede  - I always use copy and paste Family table information from one table to another (see the video example: Copy and Paste Family table data)  - try to use it on empty model - start from scratch

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Raymond,

you can copy&paste instance names and values, only. Family table columns must be defined in generic model using Family Table dialog box.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags