cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Changing the mass property coordinate system reference for every part in an assembly

tkramer
1-Newbie

Changing the mass property coordinate system reference for every part in an assembly

PTC Help 2.JPG

How do I get every part within an assembly to reference that assembly's coordinate system when displaying the calculated mass properties of each part? I want to be able to know the mass properties in each part with respect to the main assembly's coordinate system without manually opening each part and changing the coordinate system reference within the mass property analysis tool.

Above I have taken a screenshot of the material properties shown within a model tree for an entire assembly. Each part's mass properties are referencing that part's coordinate system. I want each part's mass properties to reference the master assembly in assembly 1021320.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags