cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Clickable/editable model annotation

napier
1-Newbie

I am trying to have annotation within my model that I can double click and edit the values. The following video shows what I am trying to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxNLfFJYvRI

I have the annotation in the model and linked it to the variables by putting &paramter after the parameters. However, when I am in the model tab I cannot click on the annotation and change the values. For example i have number of teeth as a annotation. I want to be able to click the number of teeth annotation and change it. Any help would be great.

Thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:napier)

Did you not ask this before?

Editiable annotations/dimensions

I did, however the answer within that thread does not allow me to click on the annotation and edit it.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Do you have the values driven by relations?

I do, for example tooth thickness = &d27. If I am within the annotations tab I can right click and select value and change it that way. I would like to be able to change it within any tab though by simply double clicking as he does in the video.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

It looks like they incorporated Pro|Program in the process. tool>model intend>program. You can see the xtop dialog when the part is regenerated. I suspect that is also how the annotation is created to control how it reacts to a click.

Antonius, how do you create links to another thread like you did above?

If you have recently been in the link that you want, great. If not go to that link first. Click on the link Icon (the "A" with the piece of chain link to the left of the smiley face).

Link1.jpg

Then go to the "Browse History" tab.

Link2.jpg

Select the link that you want.

Thanks

Cool! Thanks Dale!

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

Hi,

You have to press Alt+Double click on the parameter value to edit it. If you are with the annotation tab activated, then you just have to double click.

You can also download a model with editable annotations in here:

http://grabcad.com/library/large-canvas-frame-and-canvas-creo-skeleton-parametric-driven-sheetmetal-1

Just download it and tweak it a little.

Jose

It's a UDF with analysis feature using relations and using parameters within that analysis itself.It's little bit lengthy but easy to make.

Check it out from here download udf and see for yourself.http://www.mobiusid.com/free-downloads/ (dissect the udf)

Top Tags