cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Config option for the default Bulk part template/start part

jwagh
17-Peridot

Config option for the default Bulk part template/start part

There is no config.pro option for the default bulk template currently, therefore we have to use the default template for bulk item i.e. inlbs_part_bulk.prt in <loadpoints>\templates

However, I configured a set of parameters to use as the start part. Although the user can select it from the list, it is not the default value shown.

Please add this option to the config.pro

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
velico
7-Bedrock
(To:jwagh)

I agree.

As a workaround we have replaced the inlbs_part_bulk.prt in the <loadpoints>\templates with our bulk template, keeping equal the file name

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

ALL files that have templates MUST have a config.pro setting to specify them!

Mariano's workaround is nice, but can be a hassle when up grading Creo builds.

The Use_Default_Template should look in the Start_Model_Dir before going to a PTC loadpoint folder.

NigelWhittingha
5-Regular Member

Another option is to set the config.pro option for start_model_dir to point to the folder containing your Bulk Item Start Part. Then when creating a Bulk Item in the assembly and selecting Copy from existing > > Copy From > Browse this will list your Bulk Item Start Parts.

jwagh
17-Peridot

Nigel,

Yes, we have that set and it does list the start_bulk.prt that was created. However, most users are just used to the start part being listed correctly and just having to press the OK button. Since this is a different behavior, they wouldn't know it was wrong.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

This has been a know deficiency in Creo for a while and probably all the way back to PYC first implementing templates for start parts. See my comment above from last year. If there is a template file, then there needs to be a default setting for loading them.

There is a default for parts, assemblies and drawings, so why not the rest of the file types on the New menu?

We have start_model_dir set to point to a single folder with all of the template files in it. Just select uncheck 'use default template' and it opens the folder with our templates. Select start_bulk and way we go.

Top Tags