cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Config.pro

mmello
11-Garnet

Config.pro

Good morning members of the Community!

We have a client who wants to see how Creo Parametric performs compared to SoliWorks for large assemblies!!! Would any of you have an ideal config.pro for large assemblies that I could use in a demonstration?

Client wants 30 licenses!

Thank you very much,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mmello
11-Garnet
(To:StephenW)

Hello, Stephen.

Thank you very much for sending this valuable information. I'll run the tests and let you know the results. I'm using Creo 10 and I'll see if these options are available there...

Cheers,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:mmello)

This is the stuff I add to my config (but it's in addition to whatever we already have in our standard config, so it's not a complete list.

This is my list of config.pro options that I believe make opening stacks much more reasonable.

Some of this may be out-dated, its something I have kept - added to, over several years.

OPTION

VALUE

REASON

allow_freeze_failed_assy_comp

yes

REQUIRED

atb_auto_check_on_retrieve

off

this should be off, it is on by default

auto_place_max_number

this has to do with auto placement of interface components and can slow down assy of hardware with interface enabled

auto_regen_views

no

REQUIRED - you must manually regen sheets/views, otherwise it causes significant delays

autoplace_single_comp

no

Autoplace interface components can significantly slow assy times

check_interference_of_matches

no

it is possible this option can slow assy times when set to yes (default it yes)

comp_assemble_with_interface

none

comp assy is an interface option that may significantly slow assy times

create_temp_interfaces

no

temporary interfaces can significantly impact assy performance

enable_auto_regen

no

enable auto regen Yes (default) has potentially negative large assy effects

fasthlr

no

unknown effects

interface_quality

this option when set to anything other than zero can seriously affect print time. It is really for PLOTTING, where a pen would got over and over  the same line.

open_simplified_rep_by_default

yes

recommended so you don't accidentally open the master rep on a large assy

shade_quality

shade quality is EXTREMELY DETRIMENTAL TO LARGE ASSY PERFORMANCE

smooth_lines

no

unknown effects

mmello
11-Garnet

Hello, Stephen.

Thank you very much for sending this valuable information. I'll run the tests and let you know the results. I'm using Creo 10 and I'll see if these options are available there...

Cheers,

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

You can use simplified reps to speed things up, making some parts/assemblies one of the lighter representations (Graphic, Geometry, etc.).  Also, and this is important, there is at least one setting to simplify geometry while zoomed out and/or spinning.    LOD's (levels of detail) if I remember correctly.  I can't test right now.  What this does it turn geometry into a crude simplified graphic representation.  Look for settings using that term.  I'd give you my config.pro but I have no access to it right now.

Hello..

I thank you very much for your attention and willingness to help me... this client works with 300,000 components and this represents a very large assembly even for Creo Parametric. I'll look for something on this topic. Let's see what I find!
I'll close this call, but working with an assembly at this level will be really difficult...
Cheers,

StephenW
23-Emerald II

There is a pdf attachment to the post done by Steven LaPha with NASA. They are the only ones I know that willingly work with assemblies that size.

mmello
11-Garnet

Hi Stephen, how are you?

What wonderful material you sent me... very good indeed!!! I have to look in detail to understand the whole process, but I can tell you that if there is no answer there, there is no answer anywhere else!!!

Cheers,

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags