cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Configure Assemblies

ptc-3021436
1-Newbie

Configure Assemblies

e.g. A pneumatic Slide needs two positions "extend & Retract" A pneumatic gripper needs two positions "open & close" After placing these two configured sub assemblies into an assembly, it needs to use three configurations to demo as follows; Step one "extend with gripper open" Step 2 "close gripper" Step 3 "Retract with gripper closed" Is this possible in ProE?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Gary, I'm quite confident that Pro can do what you want, but I'm not sure what that is. Do you want to create three different versions of your assembly, have one assembly which can be changed to different positional states, or create animation? In the simplest case you could have two parameters, one for the slide, one for the gripper. Setting the values of these parameters would then create the various states you seek, and these could all be preserved in a Family Table. The parameters could be Real Number parameters with numeric values to control position, or Yes-No parameters (say "EXTEND" & "CLOSED") with conditional logic to set the different positional states. David

The other way is to do it in mechanism and create snapshots of your positions. These snapshots can be used in your drawings. Reinhard

Thanks for the replies, Because I am comming from a job that used SolidWorks. My new job uses ProE. I'm sure ProE can do this as well. The parameters sound like maybe what I'm looking for, I will look into the online help today.

Just to give you an idea of another possibility. If you use Pro/PROGRAM to set up your variations, you can create an interactive situation with prompts such as "Is the slide extended?". Yes/No answers to these prompts will cause the Assembly to assume the intended variation state. Pro/PROGRAM is a little more involved than just using parameters, but it can give you a pretty slick connection to your model if that's what you are looking for.

Could also use a skeleton or skeleton-typ geometry (curves, datums) in the assembly and make various family table variations of the assembly. If you're going to need these assemblies in a drawing, this is probably the best method as you can have multiple views of multiple models (in the different positions) in the dwg at the same time.

The beauty of mechanism and snapshots is you only have one assembly (thinking of ERP systems). For each connection you can set limits and regeneration value. You can have as many snapshots as you like. In drawing mode you pick a base view and attach a snapshot to it. Its worth to have a look at it. Reinhard

"Reinhard Nueckel" wrote:

The beauty of mechanism and snapshots is you only have one assembly (thinking of ERP systems). For each connection you can set limits and regeneration value. You can have as many snapshots as you like. In drawing mode you pick a base view and attach a snapshot to it. Its worth to have a look at it. Reinhard

I have done what do you want by two ways: 1) using pro/program and parameters. Each time I ask the model to regenerate, I was asked to change or not the parameters; 2) using flexible, defining the parameter or the dimensions to open or close. If you need further informations, ask me.
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags