cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Connecting independent surfaces

mugecandogan
2-Guest

Connecting independent surfaces

Hello,

I have an optimized geometry that I imported from a FE solver as independent surfaces. I am willing to connect all surfaces to create one single solid. I tried 'merge' and 'intersect' to connect surfaces, I also tried 'solidfy' but either the tabs are inactive when I select surfaces or I get the error message "feature failed to regenerate". I am attaching a picture of the geometry I have. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Muge

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

please create simplified version of the model, put it into zip-file and attach it to your next reply.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your reply.

I am attaching the zip file. However I cannot further simplify the geometry as the rods creating the "lattice" part also need be connected (both to each other and to the geometry in the middle).

Thank you,

Muge Candogan

Hi,

did you try to import the model as Creo assembly ?

Martin Hanák

Hi,

to fill the center of your model with material, you can create solid Extrude feature offsetting contour of inner base geometry by 5 mm inside. Unfortunatelly when you modify value 5 to 4, then Extrude feature will fail. This because Creo is not able to resolve the intersection between base geometry and supporting geometry.

I guess that you must to rebuild supporting geometry. Now it is made up from separate cylinders - cylinder intersections produce strange geometry.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags