cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Controlling decimal places of parameters in drawing family table

Infosys_id
6-Contributor

Controlling decimal places of parameters in drawing family table

need to know how to control decimal places of family table parameters in drawing family table itself

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, 

You may want to look at this option for your table. It's mentioned in the article I sent you as well. Here is what it looks like:

Tdaugherty_1-1595943372229.png

Tdaugherty_2-1595943501971.png

You need to create a separate repeat region for each column. After that, you need to add a filter to each region so that it only displays values of the parameter in the region.

This method will allow you to use the [.#] syntax to control the number of digits in each column. You will need to turn the model_digits_in_region option off.

I've attached my table for reference.

Ty

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi, 

This article explains how to control the number of decimal places in drawing tables. 

This video explains how to set up drawing tables for family table objects. Sounds like you've got this covered, but it's a good video.

To summarize, you need to add [.#] to the parameter name in the properties window. 

1. Select the table cell that you want to control
  2. Right click
  3. Select properties
  4. Edit the parameter as shown in the screenshot below
  5. Click OK
  6. Update tables as required

Tdaugherty_0-1595940650513.png

Ty

Infosys_id
6-Contributor
(To:Tdaugherty)

thanks for your reply,

i want control decimal for each column like column d1 need to be 2 decimal, d2 need to be 3 decimal.

Understood.

If you're using a 2D repeat region, you can enable the option model_digits_in_region. This setting with make the values in the table display as they do in the model. After the setting is enabled, edit the dimensions in the model so that they display the appropriate amount of digits. The previously linked article explains this in more detail.

Tdaugherty_0-1595941857659.png

Ty

Infosys_id
6-Contributor

it works good for dimensions. thanks. still I have some parameters(driven) that is not changing. only driving dimensions are working fine. Please suggest.

in parameters also we need to control each parameter's decimal places individually.

Hi, 

You may want to look at this option for your table. It's mentioned in the article I sent you as well. Here is what it looks like:

Tdaugherty_1-1595943372229.png

Tdaugherty_2-1595943501971.png

You need to create a separate repeat region for each column. After that, you need to add a filter to each region so that it only displays values of the parameter in the region.

This method will allow you to use the [.#] syntax to control the number of digits in each column. You will need to turn the model_digits_in_region option off.

I've attached my table for reference.

Ty

Infosys_id
6-Contributor

thanks it is working fine. but i have converted my family table from 2D repeat into simple region for this. the problem is in future if we add more columns to family table in model it wont be reflected in drawing FT.

We should have control of each column in drawing for 2D repeat region itself. family table should be 2D repeat region always for better. especially we don't have much control over decimals of parameters in model compared to dimensions.

Top Tags