cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Conversion of .prt to .stp from local

Gagan
7-Bedrock

Conversion of .prt to .stp from local

Hi All

I have few .prt file in a local ,how do i convert all the file to .stp with some script and without installing any 3rd part software ?

I am looking for mass conversion.

regards

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:Gagan)

Gagan,

You can use Distributed Pro/batch for mass conversion. BUT It needs to be installed with Creo (This is a part of Creo installation).

Check article https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS202462

it's the best way

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

jthakor
3-Visitor

You can create Map Key to convert all .prt file to step file.

Create may key starting from open-->pause map key to select part then resume it and give working directory at the time of creating map key. I think no need to install third party software. I have created 1000 part file to step file in one day by using two resources in single day.

I hope it might work for you.

Thanks,

Jitu Thakor

Top Tags