cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Cosyomize Quantity in a BOM table

bbusschers
8-Gravel

Cosyomize Quantity in a BOM table

Hello,

I have to display a BOM table on the drawing.
Default the table will display POS number and Quantity of the item e.g.: POS 20  Qty 2     (each)
In this case I have added a tape to the ASSY, which is also displayed in the model and it will be
added in the assembling stage from roll.
Is it possible to change the BOM table to e.g.: POS 20 Qty 2 cm ?

I can create a bulk item, but that is not visible in the model and the drawing.
An other way is to create a part which displays 2 cm tape, but in that case I have created a separate item, which more or less produced before the assembling action.
Any idea how to implement this?

MCAD Mananger Benchmark
7 REPLIES 7
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:bbusschers)

I have a parameter for each part labeled UM (Unit of Measure) to which I can add PC (piece), IN (Inch), Kit, Pkg (Package), .....

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

In our manufacturing system we may get things in by the roll but dispense them by the inch, sheet or piece - bubble wrap, polytubing, tape...

I guess you can give "length" parameter to the tape part and then just check if it exists in table. Not a perfect solution as you will probably need family table to cover the part sizes.

if exists("asm_mbr_length") 
	quantity=asm_mbr_length
else
	quantity=rpt_qty
endif

Radovan_DT_0-1719387368328.png

Or you can put in both part and bulk item and filter part from table everytime and keep the bulk item.

Hello Radovan,

Many thanks for sending this proposal, but I have still a couple of questions.
What I understand is that I have to add an attribute to the part e.g. "length".
On the drawing of the assembly I am using a BOM table, which I have configurated as follows:

bbusschers_0-1720104050228.png

I have added the relation you have mentioned above to that table, but that fails.
I have also tried to add this relation to the relation table of the assy, but that also didn't do the trick.
Can you explain how to implement this?
Thanks.

MCAD Mananger Benchmark

I am out of the office but I think you need to change rpt.qty to rpt.rel.quantity so it takes value from relation.

Thanks for the reply I will check it later this week.
bert

MCAD Mananger Benchmark

Hello @bbusschers

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags