cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Create and define drawing parameters into frm

Steelfoot
7-Bedrock

Create and define drawing parameters into frm

In our drawings, we have some revision tables hand filled on each sheet . When a new version is made, we need to update each table on each sheet, whom is time consuming.

I would like to set up parameters and used them into a table so that every modification on a sheet would be passed on others. We’ve got 7 parameters by revision, and need at least 5 or 6 revisions, so lots of parameters to set up.

Is there a way to define these parameters directly into the frm format (from the parameters windows) ? Trying this, parameters are not recovered when a new drawing using this format is made.

• I wouldn’t like to insert these parameters into prt or asm files not to overload existing parameters (one solution could be to use a user defined parameter filter),
  • I thought to use a family table and a repeat region (one instance per revision), but this could also be problematic for parts and assembly whom already have a family table,
  • We don’t use Windchill nor any PDM.

Do some of you have any brilliant idea whom I’m not thinking of, to deals with revisions tables on several sheets drawings ?

Thank you.

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You seem to be in the same situation that my company is in.  We do not have any PDM or license for layout functionality.

What we came up with was to use a separate .prt file that contained the project specific parameters and revision info.  The title block used the parameters in this "revision control" part to fill out the info.  The revision block used repeat regions to read info from the family table in the "revision control" part to fill out the cells.  Once implemented, you only have to make changes to the "revision control" part to update the drawings.

In order to make this work, you have to have the "revision control" part active when you swap out the format.

Attached is an example of how this works.  This may not be the best method or the most elegant, but it works for us given our basic licensing options.  I'd like to know if there is a better way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You seem to be in the same situation that my company is in.  We do not have any PDM or license for layout functionality.

What we came up with was to use a separate .prt file that contained the project specific parameters and revision info.  The title block used the parameters in this "revision control" part to fill out the info.  The revision block used repeat regions to read info from the family table in the "revision control" part to fill out the cells.  Once implemented, you only have to make changes to the "revision control" part to update the drawings.

In order to make this work, you have to have the "revision control" part active when you swap out the format.

Attached is an example of how this works.  This may not be the best method or the most elegant, but it works for us given our basic licensing options.  I'd like to know if there is a better way.

Hi rzukowski,

Your solution is a simple way to separate revisions parameters from parts and assembly parameters. I'm not looking for something more sophisticated, only an easy to use solution.

Activate the revision control part is not a huge annoyance compared duplicating revisions tables on 5 or 6 sheets.

I will be sure to try this solution.
Thank you, best regards.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Steelfoot)

I typically change the first one then copy and paste it into the other sheets deleting the existing table.  I even set up a map key to paste to the same location on the sheet using absolute position.

mapkey psl @MAPKEY_LABELPASTE SAME LOCATION;~ Command `ProCmdEditPaste` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `dwg_selpnt_dlg` `rad_sel_method` 1 `abs_coord`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `dwg_selpnt_dlg` `psh_ok`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `dwg_selpnt_dlg` `rad_sel_method` 1 `abs_coord`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `dwg_selpnt_dlg` `psh_ok`;

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Hi kdirth,

I retain your solution and will test your macro.
Thank you for your help. Best regards.

Top Tags