cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Create internal gear teeth in Creo 9.0

SN_9271623
4-Participant

Create internal gear teeth in Creo 9.0

I am working on redrawing a part from an old 2D print.

I am stuck on creating the 4 internal teeth on the main ID.

I do not know how to get a 3D curve on the surface and then i can merge surfaces and solidify to make the features.

TIA

Son Nguyen

Capture.JPG

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:kdirth)

Here is a quick start.  I used the trajpar parameter to create the ramps.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:SN_9271623)

Here is a simple part I created a while back with a similar feature.  Might give you some ideas.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Here is a quick start.  I used the trajpar parameter to create the ramps.

SN_9271623
4-Participant

Thank you so much!

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:SN_9271623)

I don't know how to solve the problem but after seeing this print, I had to go wash my hands to make sure I didn't have pencil lead smeared on them and check my face in the mirror to make sure I hadn't smeared pencil lead on my face!

That drawing takes me back a bunch of years, I can smell the blueprint machine ammonia like I'm standing in the print room as we speak, in the dark because the blueline paper is light sensitive! Some memories almost haunt you!

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:StephenW)

Hey Stephen!  LOL  Right?  I had a love/hate relationship with pencil dwgs (MUCH preferred ink on mylar, and the absolute worst was ink on that lacquered cloth!).  It took skill and an artists touch to do any board dwg, but pencil had it's unique challenges (though ink did too).  Soft enough lead so you didn't have to press hard enough to damage the vellum, but that meant lead dust smearing your dwg.  Hard enough not to leave the dust, and you risked or did cut the vellum with the lead (especially on thinner centerlines etc.  Then you had to erase what dust DID get generated and smeared around your dwg so the white background wasn't grey, then give it a quick spray with that "workable fixatif" (probably TOTALLY cancer-causing!  LOL) to seal the surface and prevent smearing when stored in the flat files.  Man, surprising how those memories and odd terms stick in your head 40 years later...  But, we were young then just starting our careers, and it was all new and exciting, right?

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags