cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Create surfaces from surfaces of solid part

MichalLukac
4-Participant

Create surfaces from surfaces of solid part

Hello, is there any way how to create surface from surface of solid part?

I have an assembly with sheetmetal parts and need to create a part in this assembly from some surfaces of the sheetmetal parts.

I can create surface with modeling tools, extrude,... but is is too complicated. I would like to just select

the surface of the part and copy (create) this as a new surface. something like create surface by copying existing surface.

This part of surfaces I want to export to ansys workbench.

in creo 3

Thanks for help

michal

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael,

You may try creating a new part in assembly, activate that part and copy the surfaces from part by part in assembly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michael,

You may try creating a new part in assembly, activate that part and copy the surfaces from part by part in assembly.

Do You mean copy and paste?  This really works.... This didn't cross my mind..

Thanks.

Yes, It was copy and paste.

Top Tags