cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creating Centermarks on drawings for slotted holes

dmayfield
4-Participant

Creating Centermarks on drawings for slotted holes

I want to add center-marks for each radius of the four slotted holes in the image below. Additonally I want to add a a centerline in the middle of the top mounting plate and a centermark on the wheel, so I can dimension the offset between the center of the mounting plate and the center of the wheel. For some reason the centerline options don't appear in Show Model Annotations. In the extrude sketch, I added in geometry points in the center, hoping they would create an axis which can be viewed in drawing mode and used as a centerline. Is there any other way to get centerlines to show up?

slottedholes_draw.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dmayfield)

In the model, can you see the axis that you want?

Your example, it looks like you are in an assembly. For whatever reason, PTC changed the functionality of the show annotations box. You have to select the feature (or part) to get the axis to show up on a sub-part of an assembly.  You can't just show "all" the  axis for a view of an assy, it will only give you the assy axis.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mender
6-Contributor

For an axis in the part, you could make a datum axis.  If you only care about the drawing, you could employ Parametric Sketch in the Sketch tab of the drawing, using the two arc as references to make a draft entity that is parametrically between the two centers (and then give it an appropriate linestyle).

tgriffin
4-Participant

If you add in axes you can show them using show model annotations.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

In the model, can you see the axis that you want?

Your example, it looks like you are in an assembly. For whatever reason, PTC changed the functionality of the show annotations box. You have to select the feature (or part) to get the axis to show up on a sub-part of an assembly.  You can't just show "all" the  axis for a view of an assy, it will only give you the assy axis.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

The reason in question is assemblies with 10k components clogging the screen and database.  If you are a user with smaller assemblies and wish to show axis en masse easily, the config option 'show_axes_by_view_scope all_sub_models' will get the desired behavior.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:mender)

And you probably saved me tons of hours by doing that. Next time I'm working on a large assembly drawing, I'll have to thank you for that.

Thanks. This makes sense.

Top Tags