cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creating a handle grip on a dustpan (?)

ahandal
1-Newbie

Creating a handle grip on a dustpan (?)

I'm very new to PTC Creo Parametric, so I need some help figuring some things out. Essentially, I need to make a grip like handle on a dustpan (attached). I've tried blends, sweeps, and just can't seem to get the constraints and parameters right. The handle needs to be hollow for a broom stick to fit in it, but it also needs a grip for the user's hand. Any help, tips, recommendations?

Thanks so much in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I would be so temped to do this with a Variable Section Sweep  (sweep with the VSS option selected).

This allows you to give some "shape" to the handle's outside while maintaining a gentle taper on the inside for the stick.

What I've done is create a curve using the Surfaces/Style tool, but I keep getting the same "curves do not connect" error. I can't seem to connect the curve I draw with the handle itself. Is there a way to set references when drawing curves using the Surfaces/Style tool? I'm going to try and draw the curve as a sketch then apply the style surface option. Any thoughts?

I do not have the ISDX extension so I couldn't tell you.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:ahandal)

Assuming you are looking to add some texture, a simple texture can be created with a revolve if the handle is round.  For a more complex surface or to place them at an angle a curve can be projected on to the surface and use the sweep.

texture.JPG

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags