cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo 1.0 - 'not responding'. Hardware requirements?

dan_66
1-Newbie

Creo 1.0 - 'not responding'. Hardware requirements?

Hi,

I recently downloaded Creo 1.0 Schools edition to do uni design projects, but am having some problems as it always crashes, and is basically unuseable. I'm not exactly sure what the issue is, whether it's hardware or software?

My PC is an:

HP Compaq DC7600 SFF

Intel Pentium D 945 3.40GHz CPU

4GB RAM

160GB HDD

32 bit OS

Graphics: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset (256MB total available)

Do I need a better graphics card, rather than just the intergrated graphics?

Also, I'm running Windows 8, so not sure if this is causing problems and if using say Windows 7 with this hardware would help?

Any help would be gratefully accepted . I'm happy to buy a new graphics card if this will solve the problem, but if it won't there's little point as I only really bought the computer to run Creo and a few Windows applications as I already have a Macbook. I've also already upgrading the CPU from 3 to 3.4GHz and am pretty sure the CPU and RAM are the max I can upgrade to.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:dan_66)

All Pro|E / WF / Creo apps tend to be very sensitive to graphics card and drivers. Also, I believe the 1st version that is Windows 8 compatible is Creo 2.0 build M030 (full version). Not sure what education version would be equivalent. You might contact the VAR or tech support to get better information, but the 1st place I would suspect is Graphics.

Thanks,

Would any graphics card that is compatable for the DC7600 be suitable or is the particular spec/ requirements I need to look for?

On Windows 8 it installed fine and does appear to work it's just that it regularly freezes/ starts to not respond. So got the impression that is what the hardware as it maxes out the CPU.

Cheers

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:dan_66)

Freezing just before the crash is the signature fail for Pro|E. I even used a low end qualified card back in the day and it would freeze if you tried to click a few too many buttons at the same time. It simply "tripped".

It is so difficult to second guess compatibility it is quite ridiculous. I purchased a "qualified" computer for Creo for this very reason. Just visit the compatibility page and see what you can do with this. Normally, if you get a qualified card, it will run reliably... maybe downgrade the driver if needed.

Ok thanks for your help. I'll see what I can get and hope it works

Top Tags