cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo 11 - Selection Issues

MM_10223777
5-Regular Member

Creo 11 - Selection Issues

Hello,

I'm not really sure how to label this one, but let me try and elaborate:

Has anyone else experienced it where there is a delay/lag spike when trying to left click (select) anything in the graphics windows on Creo 11? Calling it a delay probably isn't correct, but Creo 11 (both versions 11.0.0.0 and 11.0.1.0)  just seems to "miss" some of my mouse inputs.

It happens randomly when I'm either trying to add a dimension in a 3D sketch; CTRL select edges or surfaces of a 3D model; and also when trying to move balloons in drawings? Essentially left click/selecting anything on a daily basis will just randomly not respond and I have to click again.

I always thought it was just me miss clicking but I'm noticing it more and more, and its not limited to a specific model.

I have compared it to Creo 10 and it seems to be primarily in 11.

I have tried:

- Default PTC config

- Different mouse

- Multiple models

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

described behavior can be cause by graphic card drivers. You can do standard test:

• add graphics win32_gdi option at the end of config.pro file temporarily
  • work with Creo 11.0

If the problem disappears then it is related to graphic card drivers.

• remove graphics win32_gdi option
  • install different version of graphic card drivers (probably newer ones)

Martin Hanák
MM_10223777
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you for the quick response.

I tested it but the graphics win32_gdi config option makes the models slow in general.
Panning and zooming causes stuttering (lowered frames, almost like a stop-motion picture).

If I select a component from the feature tree, I can see it highlighting every surface until finally having the entire component selected.

Very difficult to gauge the selection "performance" when everything is slowed down and stuttering.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MM_10223777)

But if the problem went away except performance issues it is pointing at a driver problem as @MartinHanak stated. That was not a long term fix, but just a diagnostics tool.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MM_10223777)

Does it only occur on large models? I sometimes have issues with selection on large models/drawing.

If not, try the graphics test option on a smaller model.

Another selection issue sometimes occurs when your graphics are scale via windows. 

Another potential solution or problem is config.pro option pick_aperature_radius is set small.

StephenW_0-1724067835893.png

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags