cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo 2 Blend Feature

ira.winston
1-Newbie

Creo 2 Blend Feature

Experts; I need some input from the Old School modelers that are now using or experimenting with Creo 2 Parametric (aka Creophytes). I have been trying outthe new Blend feature that has been “dashboard-ized” in Creo 2. It appears to be a Parallel Blend and not a true General Blend. I can not find out how to rotate the blend sections about the X, Y or Z csys like I could with the old General Blend. Does anyone have the low down on this? Maybe I am not following the correct steps to get this functionality to appearor maybe I have it wrong and there was never a General Blend feature that allowed this capability. Been doing this way too long ... holding on too tight ... someone talk me down from the ledge ... ~Ira
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I don't really use blends but I played with it based on your post. The Rotational Blend allows you to rotate the additional sketch locations by a given angle. The standard blend is on parallel.

I can't find an option that allows you to turn the section as it blends in either one.

I also noticed there is inconsistency on how the blend feature works vs. the rotational blend. In the blend feature you can easily add a second sketch by choosing a button on the ribbon while on the rotational blend you must right click in the sketch area to see an option to add another sketch. This is the stuff PTC needs to clean up and make sure it's consistent across the UI.

I will be interested in what others find but I also can't find a way to rotate the sketch in the blend feature.

By the way, in Creo it's Ribbon-ized. The Dashboard is a different UI from the Ribbon. 🙂

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Top Tags