cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo 3.0 Problem with .dtl File

cmehnert
3-Visitor

Creo 3.0 Problem with .dtl File

I can't get the .dtl file to update on a drawing format (.frm) file that I am trying to create. I'm trying to load the ISO detail options file, but nothing seems to be working. It looks like it loads but after I press update and close then come back in to edit the drawing detail items, the same short list of items re-appears and none of the new ones exist. At least, this is how it appears to me. Any thoughts? I'm wondering if the version of 3.0 that we are running needs to be updated. My machine is running Windows 7.

3 REPLIES 3

Only a subset of the drawing setup options apply to drawing formats. For example, none of the options dealing with the display of dimensions have any effect because you cannot create or show dimensions while creating a format.

If you want these other options to be predefined when you create a new drawing from your format, then you must either

• set the option 'drawing_setup_file' in your config.pro. These dtl options apply to drawings created as 'empty' or 'empty with format'
  • create a drawing TEMPLATE using your new format and set the required detail options in your template. New drawings created from the template will use the dtl options set in the template.

I did remember shortly after sending the request that there is a difference between the format and template files and was able to complete the task.

JM_8650908
4-Participant
(To:cmehnert)

HI,

Once a DTL file is applied to a drawing, it becomes a part of that
drawing. You have to open and apply a new one deliberately. New
drawings use whatever file is specified in the 'drawing_setup_file'
option. The option below only tells Pro|E the default directory where
your dtl files are kept.

hope this works !Smiley Happy

Top Tags