cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo 3.0 new functionality and missing features...

rsobecki
12-Amethyst

Creo 3.0 new functionality and missing features...

Hello I just installed Creo 3.0 and noticed nice improvements within Freestyle feature, but also noticed missing features like Solid Free Form or Surface Free Form.

My question to the Audience is: will Freestyle cover the functionality of mentioned missing features?

BR

Roman

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:rsobecki)

Per the help documentation:

To Create a Freeform Surface or Quilt

1. Set the enable_obsoleted_features configuration option to yes. The Surface Free Form command appears on the Commands Not in the Ribbon list.

2. Add the Surface Free Form command to the desired user-defined group on the ribbon.

Note: For information about customizing the ribbon, see the Related Links.

3. Click Surface Free Form. The SURFACE: Free Form dialog box opens

enable_obsoleted_features yes, no*

Enables the following commands on the Commands Not in the Ribbon list when set to yes:

Blend Between Surfaces

Blend Section to Surfaces

Conic Surface and N-sided Patch

General Blend

Pipe

Project Section Blend

Solid Free Form

Surface Free Form

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:rsobecki)

Per the help documentation:

To Create a Freeform Surface or Quilt

1. Set the enable_obsoleted_features configuration option to yes. The Surface Free Form command appears on the Commands Not in the Ribbon list.

2. Add the Surface Free Form command to the desired user-defined group on the ribbon.

Note: For information about customizing the ribbon, see the Related Links.

3. Click Surface Free Form. The SURFACE: Free Form dialog box opens

enable_obsoleted_features yes, no*

Enables the following commands on the Commands Not in the Ribbon list when set to yes:

Blend Between Surfaces

Blend Section to Surfaces

Conic Surface and N-sided Patch

General Blend

Pipe

Project Section Blend

Solid Free Form

Surface Free Form

rsobecki
12-Amethyst
(To:TomU)

Great thanks for your valuable and fast response!

I also set to yes "allow_anatomic_features" and have got ability to use e.g. local push and more

Thanks again and regards

Roman

what happens when a person without those settings open the file?

and why would they take out tools if there isn't a better replacement? or is there?

If you'll open a part with those features you'll se them without any problem and of course you'll be able to redefine it. Only without those settings you can't add them.

I gues at the beginning that PTC remove those features and that was the source of my investigations - perhaps in future they create something new. At the moment the best candidate from my point of view is Freestyle - after surface creation with this feature you'll be able to use replace surface or just solidify etc.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags