cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo 3.0 new functionality and missing features...

rsobecki
12-Amethyst

Creo 3.0 new functionality and missing features...

Hello I just installed Creo 3.0 and noticed nice improvements within Freestyle feature, but also noticed missing features like Solid Free Form or Surface Free Form.

My question to the Audience is: will Freestyle cover the functionality of mentioned missing features?

BR

Roman

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:rsobecki)

Per the help documentation:

To Create a Freeform Surface or Quilt

1. Set the enable_obsoleted_features configuration option to yes. The Surface Free Form command appears on the Commands Not in the Ribbon list.

2. Add the Surface Free Form command to the desired user-defined group on the ribbon.

Note: For information about customizing the ribbon, see the Related Links.

3. Click Surface Free Form. The SURFACE: Free Form dialog box opens

enable_obsoleted_features yes, no*

Enables the following commands on the Commands Not in the Ribbon list when set to yes:

Blend Between Surfaces

Blend Section to Surfaces

Conic Surface and N-sided Patch

General Blend

Pipe

Project Section Blend

Solid Free Form

Surface Free Form

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:rsobecki)

Per the help documentation:

To Create a Freeform Surface or Quilt

1. Set the enable_obsoleted_features configuration option to yes. The Surface Free Form command appears on the Commands Not in the Ribbon list.

2. Add the Surface Free Form command to the desired user-defined group on the ribbon.

Note: For information about customizing the ribbon, see the Related Links.

3. Click Surface Free Form. The SURFACE: Free Form dialog box opens

enable_obsoleted_features yes, no*

Enables the following commands on the Commands Not in the Ribbon list when set to yes:

Blend Between Surfaces

Blend Section to Surfaces

Conic Surface and N-sided Patch

General Blend

Pipe

Project Section Blend

Solid Free Form

Surface Free Form

rsobecki
12-Amethyst
(To:TomU)

Great thanks for your valuable and fast response!

I also set to yes "allow_anatomic_features" and have got ability to use e.g. local push and more

Thanks again and regards

Roman

what happens when a person without those settings open the file?

and why would they take out tools if there isn't a better replacement? or is there?

If you'll open a part with those features you'll se them without any problem and of course you'll be able to redefine it. Only without those settings you can't add them.

I gues at the beginning that PTC remove those features and that was the source of my investigations - perhaps in future they create something new. At the moment the best candidate from my point of view is Freestyle - after surface creation with this feature you'll be able to use replace surface or just solidify etc.

Top Tags