cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 4 M010 issues with Assembly and IGES output

pimm
14-Alexandrite

Creo 4 M010 issues with Assembly and IGES output

This morning I was informed that the 1st model I released in Creo 4 (as an assembly) wasn't readable by Powermill.  We have been releasing direct Assembly models because Powermill now has the capability to directly import Assemblies from Creo.  Unfortunately it appears this doesn't work in Creo 4.

Next I tried exporting an IGES.  There were no options that opened up at export.  When I clicked on Customize there wasn't any box to export curves.  When I round tripped the IGES sure enough the curves did not come back in.

We always send out our models assembled together.

At this point it appears this isn't possible.

Would there be any way to cure these issues?  I looked at the config options and at this point I don't see anything that would help.

6 REPLIES 6

I'm guessing that the Creo 4 file format is too new for your version of Powermill - it may take a while before they implement it.

Remember that each new version of Creo brings a new format, which can't be read by older software.

Have you tried STEP?  It's often more reliable than IGES.

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:JonathanHodgson)

I just tried STEP.

I don't even see how to export curves with it.

Round trip doesn't show curves.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:pimm)

Paul Imm‌,

To enable curves for IGES output, click on the options button on the save dialog and then check 'datums'.

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomU)

Awesome,

Thank you, this solves one of the 2 issues so at least we have a fall back now.

I guess I didn't even consider curves as datums, but in thinking it through they do actually specify datum curves in Creo.

Our install (Creo 3 and earlier) always prompts for options when exporting STEP:

I presume this is controlled by a config option, although I can't identify which one at the moment.

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:JonathanHodgson)

Jonathan,

I'll try this out but the gentleman using Powermill says that IGES comes in cleaner for some reason.

As far as assembly is concerned; is it possible that the default assembly is now light weight, and there is another option to fully display?

Top Tags