cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo 4: Section lines wrong

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Creo 4: Section lines wrong

I did a quick section view in Creo 4, placed it on my drawing and the crosshatching is wrong.

The parts from top down are: bolt, lock washer, flat washer, bracket and box. The bracket is not cross-hatched and should be in the drawing.

The left view is from the drawing, the right view from the assembly model. Bottom view is the whole assembly.

Creo 4 F000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

Also, when you step through the hatching on the drawing, does that bracket highlight?  If so, can you reduce the hatching size?  Maybe it's so large that none of the lines are visible in the hatched area...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Cross hatching generally does not work correctly where there are interferences.  Does the hatching work correctly if you enlarge the hole in the box so it doesn't interfere with the bolt (just for testing)?  Are there any other interferences?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:TomU)

The problem with changing the box hole is that it is the tap drill size for the1/4-20 bolts holding the bracket to the box.

The software seems to handle the bold/box interference just fine.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

It was just a suggestion to see if removing interferences has any impact on hatching.  Obviously don't leave it that way.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Also, when you step through the hatching on the drawing, does that bracket highlight?  If so, can you reduce the hatching size?  Maybe it's so large that none of the lines are visible in the hatched area...

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:TomU)

When I step through the hatching, I got the part to highlight, but the only option available was angle, no distance setting like the other parts. I did get a single hatch line to appear at 30 and 60 angles.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I'm not sure I have the correct answer if you can't reduce the hatching size...

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Are you testing Creo 4? Is it acceptable in Creo 3?

Occasionally by default, the x-hatching is too big for a part but I don't remember ever seeing the hatch spacing option missing on a part.

Top Tags