cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo | Application | Cabling | Insert Component

VK_10228062
3-Visitor

Creo | Application | Cabling | Insert Component

Hi,

I am trying to insert a custom component by using the Insert Component option,

But I am not being able to select LOCATION ON THE CABLE, any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Vinay 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@VK_10228062 wrote:

Thanks for sharing the information.

So it looks to be weird that it worked for me sometime but sometimes it's not. 

Can we get any kind of professional support for this issue from PTC? 

Hi,

please read https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/how-to-import-Rhino-model-with-attribute-user-text-data-in-creo/m-p/865655#M29392 discussion. In contains information how to open PTC Support Case.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:VK_10228062)

Hi,

I tried to add the component similarly and didn't have any problem adding a random component to the location point (Creo9).

I could add to component to a network location and I also tried adding the component to a separate cable location point. Both worked OK. 

Only thing I can think of is that you can not select the location from the model tree. You must click the point on the graphics window.

Only annoyance I found was that once I selected the location point I was not able to change the location by selecting another point. I had to cancel and start again the "Insert Component"  to select another location. 

Lars_F_0-1680342614348.png

br, 

Lars

@VK_10228062 wrote:

Hi,

please read https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/how-to-import-Rhino-model-with-attribute-user-text-data-in-creo/m-p/865655#M29392 discussion. In contains information how to open PTC Support Case.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags