cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo Thread Type List Spelling Error

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Creo Thread Type List Spelling Error

What, PTC can't afford a spell-checker???😂🤣😅

PTC LACK OF SPELL CHECKER.png

...or should this go in the off-topic joke section?😂🤣😅

6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Patriot_1776)

Spell checker probably wouldn't have caught this since 'Course' is actually a real word.

https://keydifferences.com/difference-between-coarse-and-course.html

TomU_1-1663982149922.png

I'm pretty sure this is not a PTC supplied thread type but rather something your company has developed.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomU)

Well, right, but I meant a HUMAN spell checker or reviewer that could catch these things.  I guess it's obvious then that the coders have no Engineering experience...

But I guess that's just par for the "coarse"...  🤣

Most likely when the coders have ESL, they don't understand the intricacies of the English language and its many differences, like between England English and American English.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:BenLoosli)

Well, true, they're probably ESL, BUT, since PTC is an American company (still, if I remember correctly), and since the majority of their customers ARE English-speaking, they should make sure it's correct.  This isn't a difference between "colour" and "color", the words have to completely different spellings and meanings (coarse vs. course).  I just thought it was funny.

Obviously whoever changed the title has no sense of humor, but, please feel free to move this to the "jokes" section.  😉

Since that's what this menu looks like in vanilla Creo 9.0:

LukaszMazur_0-1664173705608.png

I'd say @TomU is right and the list in your screenshot wasn't even provided by PTC. So it's someone else who made savings on spell checker (at least in this case) 😉

What Creo version is this?  Even with the spelling mistake, it would be a good thing if PTC has finally provided a better set of hole charts with the software.

(of coarse most companies probably have developed their own, but still - step in the right direction)

Top Tags