cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo cache location incorrect

CS_2700254
4-Participant

Creo cache location incorrect

I am using Creo Parametric 6.0 6.0.4.0

A Creo user is having an issue with his cache location. The PTC_WF_ROOT environment variable is set to D:\PTC_CREO6\cache. The 'start in' directory is set to D:\PTC_CREO6, and that's where the trail files are being created. Yet when he starts Creo an old cache location is still being used. We emptied both old and new cache locations, but the issue persists. What would be causing this?
5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:CS_2700254)

It's possible that something else may be changing the environment variable during startup. Open a system window from Creo and type 'set' and then press enter.  This will show all environment variables currently in use for that session of Creo.  Double check that PTC_WF_ROOT is set to what you expect.  If not, take a look at any .bat files or other startup scripts you may be using.

TomU_0-1617978932082.png

CS_2700254
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

You are correct, thanks. PTC_WF_ROOT is not set per the external environment variable. But I don't know what is  changing it. We don't use any scripts except the standard parametric.bat calling parametric.psf, and there's nothing in there that would affect it

TomU
23-Emerald IV

• Check the bottom of the PSF file.  (You can view it in any text editor.)
  • Double check the .bat file.
  • Look at both the user and the system environment variables in Windows.

CS_2700254
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

There was a PTC_WF_ROOT user environment variable overriding the system one. Many thanks for your help!!!

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I am using 4.0 M130 with Windchill 11.1 M020.  I have always controlled the cache location in the server management window on the Cache tab.

kdirth_0-1617980637711.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags