cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo eLearning license

EGnesi1
7-Bedrock

Creo eLearning license

Hi everyone, I have no so much knowledge of creating and managing profiles nor licenses.

We have received shipment info pdf files to activate ptc creo.

1. I have created the account and downloaded ptc 4.0.

2. Not yet installed the product.

my question is, how to activate eLearning with my credentials.,,,?

and, I have another details containing Precision LMS license- how to activate it?

First I have to install PTC creo in the computers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:EGnesi1)

If it is Creo 4.0 M020 or later, uninstall license manager and install Flexnet 11.14. As per error currently you are using Flexnet Publisher version 10.8. 

You may contact PTC Tech. Support as well to help you in installation. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

1. You can start with a free "PTC University Learning Exchange": https://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorials/by_product/ptc-creo/product_id:1

2. Login on the "PTC University Precision LMS" site is carried out with the same login/password that is used to enter PTC main site: https://precisionlms.ptc.com/

3. To purchase additional licenses you can through a PTC's reseller in your local region: https://www.ptc.com/en/partners/find-your-partner

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

You can write an email to learning@ptc.com for your e-larning account creation and activation. 

Ok Mahesh, thanks. I am slowly coming to resolve this confusion.

I have to submit usernames for - learning@ptc.com - which is for e-Learning.

Then what is Precision LMS? I have a license also for this thing.

EGnesi1
7-Bedrock

Hi everyone, I have read some of the articles of creo home essential with 2 home use subcription license.

Because the PTC order fulfilment doc is refer to Home Essential license.

I know how to install normal floating license to use creo in the company environment.

But I want to know how to install license to personal laptops which are planned to use creo at home. (away from the company network). And how to request license files for them?

Your precious answers will be expecting and appricated. Thanks.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

I think Home use license will be lock license (Locked to network card) and if this is correct  you need to install application and point license information to the actual license file (text file).

Ok Thanks Mahesh.

Let's say I am about to request a license now from ptc sending them my server mac address.

Then I install creo 4.0 for the company environment.

Then how to use this text file for home users while the contents of the file contains the mac address of the license server that I request with from PTC. I am now stuck thinking of resolving this scenariooo.

And what is the different between Creo Essential and Creo Essential Home?

Can I install Creo parametric on company computers and home personal computer?

Thanks

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

> Creo Essential and Creo Essential Home.....

There are no differences in both from functionality side. One (home) can use on personal machine another one in company environment.  

As home use license will be for personal use, place a license request with PTC and with MAC address of personal machine on which Creo will install. You will get a new license file and use that on that specific machine. 

Ok Thanks. That means I want to request licence three times -

1. for floating licence for company

2. for personal laptop of worker-A with MAC  address

3. for personal laptop of worker-B with MAC  address

am i correct?

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

yep.....

Ok mahesh. I'll begin the game.. if any help, re-write on the wall of community.....

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Sure.....  If you are all set, accept appropriate reply as solution. 

Hi everybody, I configured license server with new license sent by PTC (which was installed with creo parametric 2 license) and installed creo 4.0.

But when I open Creo Parametric I receive error

"License request failed to for feature"

Requesting PROE_EssentialsM....

7788@HOSTNAME: (-12) Invalid returened data from license server system

License server is UP

ptc_d Flexnet Publisher version 10.8

other details are correct.

What to do now?

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

If it is Creo 4.0 M020 or later, uninstall license manager and install Flexnet 11.14. As per error currently you are using Flexnet Publisher version 10.8. 

You may contact PTC Tech. Support as well to help you in installation. 

Top Tags