cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo family tables: how to include a component id in relations. is that possible?

sundardannana
10-Marble

Creo family tables: how to include a component id in relations. is that possible?

Dear community...

I am having trouble with a assembly.

assembly is having a family table(In table columns components are selected). so that i can replace individual component with instances available in the family table.

the problem is there are some repeated component (fasteners).one single component is repeated four times. but i need two of them are same and third one and fourth are different.

Explain: In generic i want o install M8_BOLT at the four places  (place1[M8_BOLT]       place 2[M8_BOLT]       place 3[M8_BOLT]     place 4[M8_BOLT])

In Assembly instances i i want install in following order (place1[M10_BOLT]       place 2[M10_BOLT]       place 3[M12_BOLT]     place 4[M13_BOLT])

{M8_BOLT IS GENERIC

Where as M10_BOLT M12_BOLT M13_BOLT are the instances which are created in M8_BOLT}

thank you,

Sundar dannana,

Extrudesigner,

www.extrudesign.com

Regards,
Sundar Dannana
Mechanical Engineer,
ExtruDesign.com.
9 REPLIES 9

In the table where the default is Y, type the name of the instance you want to use.

Yes. but i have too many repeated components. i.e fasteners. so thatit's hard to enter all the component columns in family tables. at the same time i don't want to select all the components in a single column by selecting "all" option. When i am adding a repeated component to the column in family table  it prompts me "single" and "all" option only. so there is no "selected components" option.

please check the following snap.

creo question.png

-

Sundar dannana

ExtruDesigner

www.extrudesign.com

Regards,
Sundar Dannana
Mechanical Engineer,
ExtruDesign.com.

So you have patterns of components? "Single" should refer to the selected component.

suppose i have five set of patterns with a single component .

And i have one more question.

can we use that component ID in relations?

-

@Sundar Dannana,

Extrudesigner,

www.extrudesign.com

Regards,
Sundar Dannana
Mechanical Engineer,
ExtruDesign.com.

I tend not to use patterns for cases like this. It is often the case that it isn't a real pattern and becomes harder to manage.

What kind of relation are you trying to make?

Can I write like this in relations

M40=M54

*where M40 M54 are the components ID in family tables.

I have tried. it didn't work. but I'm trying to make that kind of relation.

-

Sundar Dannana,

ExtruDesigner,

www.extrudeisign.com.

Regards,
Sundar Dannana
Mechanical Engineer,
ExtruDesign.com.

A component ID is not a valid variable type for use in relations.

You need to look at using J-LINK or Toolkit to develop a solution to this problem.

Ok sure.

Thank you

Sundar Dannana,

ExtruDesigner,

www.extrudesign.com

Regards,
Sundar Dannana
Mechanical Engineer,
ExtruDesign.com.

Hello sir,

Can you suggest me some tutorials or articles to do J-link Or ToolKit API

(sorry for the late replay)