cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo3 M100 - shading mode with reflections

dmzanella
6-Contributor

Creo3 M100 - shading mode with reflections

Good morning, I am fighting with a very basic issue : I appreciate the result of shading mode with reflections versus the normal shading, but : a) I need to hide the floor reflections ( I need just the surface part reflections ) b) I need to set the reflection plane as the yellow plane Do you know if/how is possible? thanks

2 REPLIES 2

It is unclear to me exactly what you mean by setting the yellow "surface" as the reflection plane.

I will take a guess that you mean the yellow surface is sitting on the floor.

VIEW-Scenes-edit scene - environment

Change the floor plane (only planes in the world coordinate system will be allowed)

If you want to do internal reflections you need a special license for Advanced Render.  (Applications - Render Studio)  By internal reflections I mean you can have a part or surface reflect off another surface and/or create shadows part to part.  It is an advanced rendering mode because this requires tracking rays of light bouncing off multiple surfaces.  It can also by the way do refraction through transparent/semi-transparent materials.

In the "reflections with shading" that comes standard only the "Room" environment can reflect or have shadows and only as "Ground effects" or reflections of the room off the model.

Hopefully that clears some things up if you had not already received help through other channels.

Hello, Sorry for the late ( very late ) delay. I had to move back to other software for a while. Now I am back on our loved Creo. In the meanwhile we have even a Creo 5.0 installed, but looks like it is not easy ( at least not for me ) understand if and where, we are able to set ( in a Creo Foundation ) a reflection plane different from the standard XZ plane - normal to Y axis. In my case, looking at the attached png, I would like to see the reflection ( shading with reflection) using the top plane ( xy plane - normal to Z axis ). Is it possible ? thanks in advance
Top Tags