cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Command labels hide when switching between apps?

dmartin
11-Garnet

Command labels hide when switching between apps?

I filed a case with PTC Technical Support regarding this, but it's not consistently repeatable. I'm interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this.

When switching between applications in Creo Parametric - mostly between Cabling to Standard Assembly mode, but sometimes when switching between ISDX and Standard Part mode - the Command Labels hide, so all you see are the icons. Then I have to right click on each Command Group to Unhide Command Labels (or restart Creo if I'm really lazy).

It's more of an annoyance than anything else. We're on Creo 3.0 M040, and I first noticed this behavior in M030.

8 REPLIES 8
dplachinski
6-Contributor
(To:dmartin)

David,

We are experiencing the same issue. Have you received a fix for it yet?

Dan

No fix, although it seems to happen less often in the newer build codes. I only remember it happening once in M050, and haven't experienced it yet in M060.

Part of the problem is that it's a difficult bug that you can't reproduce consistently, so PTC doesn't address it.

dplachinski
6-Contributor

We are on M040. I will try and get a later build.

Thanks again,

Dan

I also get this frequently. It is annoying, but I have found that if you right-click on the group bar beneath the icons, the greyed-out "Hide command labels" reappear as it should. So you can restore the labels per group.

bug.png

Yes, it's easy to rectify, but annoying none the less. I also notice it happens when deactivating components in assembly mode and sometimes switching between a subassembly and returning to its parent's window. I'm on M070 and still experiencing it.

Found a way to toggle them ALL back on at once....

Right click in the Red Dot area and Toggle Hide Command Labels ON/OFF

command_labels_on_off.JPG

jnegrini
5-Regular Member

Hello All,

I am happy to find other users with the same issue. I could not find the reason why Creo does that or what its causing it. The users were all doing different things. One noticed that it happened more often with assemblies using PRO/Program options. I couldn't reproduce the issue on my PC yet.

We are currently on Creo 3 M090. Did anybody had any news from PTC? Otherwise I am logging a call as well.

Thank you.

Juliana

CTool
5-Regular Member

this happened to me a couple of times using creo 4.0 m050, now i'm using creo 5.0.2.0 and it's happening something like 5 to 10 times a day. it's nothing compared to other problems, but getting this thing so often makes me want to throw the pc out of the window

Top Tags