cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Cross-Section Hatching Spacing - best practices?

mcbooya
4-Participant

Cross-Section Hatching Spacing - best practices?

I have noticed over the years the default style of the hatch lines of Cross-sections has changed on 2D drawings. Now with CREO Parametric 10.0.0, it looks like the default (without material properties set) comes in at variable value for the spacing depending on the size of the part, where I used to only have to do a half spacing once or twice to make it look good, now they are needing more clicks to get them like I used to. A small 5" part will have a hatch spacing that looks almost solid, while a 400" part has a very wide spacing value with barely any lines on the hatch.

Are there any best practices or tips on what hatch spacing settings should be used for hatch lines on a part drawing cross-sections?

3 REPLIES 3
Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:mcbooya)

You can change the default spacing in the hatch_pattern_scale.cfg file but you should read this:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/Creo-9-hatch-patterns-lessons-learned/m-p/880880#M29740 

Hopefully this will be resolved for you in 10.0.2.

mcbooya
4-Participant
(To:Chris3)

Thanks for sharing. It would be nice if they would make the default spacing automatically look somewhat decent like CREO 7 did. I teach a lot of students and we don't get into config files as they often switch between computers in the class and at home.

Hi,

I think PTC expects, that any part has material assigned. I suggest you to test Creo behaviour when material is assigned to part.

Martin Hanák
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags