cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Cut out in boolen operation_Must we need solid body

ptc-5398568
6-Contributor

Cut out in boolen operation_Must we need solid body

For cut out in boolen opertion must we need two solid bodies? Can we do this from cutting surface body from solid one.

I have one surface model & I want to cut out from solid ? is it possible?

Attached file is my query.

I want to cut that surface part from solid part in assembly.

so that that will create die of that surface part . and I have only that surface part and I cant convert that into solid.

if I have both solid part then I can do this. but because of having one surface and one solid I'm unable to do this.

could anyone pls suggest solution? 

4 REPLIES 4

@ptc-5398568 wrote:

For cut out in boolen opertion must we need two solid bodies? Can we do this from cutting surface body from solid one.

I have one surface model & I want to cut out from solid ? is it possible?

Hi,

1.] Create cut out feature ... it enables you to copy quilt representing surface model into solid model.

2.] In solid model create Solidify (Remove material) feature. This feature enables you to subtract volume represented by quilt from solid geometry.

Martin Hanák

Hi Sir,

Attached my query ,

so that that will create die of that surface part . and I have only that surface part and I cant convert that into solid.

if I have both solid part then I can do this. but because of having one surface and one solid Im unable to do this.

Now could you pls suggest solution? 

@ptc-5398568 wrote:

Hi Sir,

Attached my query ,

if I have both solid part then I can do this. but because of having one surface and one solid Im unable to do this.

Now could you pls suggest solution? 

Hi,

see my previous reply. You can also try reparing your surface model.

Note: I cannot provide anhy other suggestion, because your problem is probably "data dependent".

Martin Hanák

You can copy the quilt into your part using Copy Geometry. Then use a Solidify to cut the material.

Top Tags