cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Cyclic Symmetry issues

wnolan
1-Newbie

Cyclic Symmetry issues

Hi,
I'm running into issues trying to run a cyclic symmetry analysis on one part of a large disk - whenever I try to mesh the model, it returns the following error:

The requested shape change invalidates the Cyclic Symmetry

constraints associated with the highlighted geometry. Delete

these constraints if the requested shape change is required.

Source: AutoGEM

What shape change is this referring to, and why does that invalidate the constraint?

The model I'm working with is cut into pieces at a slight angle - so the faces selected for cyclic symmetry are not perpendicular to the 'front' face of the disk model. Would this cause an issue?

Thanks

Will

3 REPLIES 3
wnolan
1-Newbie
(To:wnolan)

Figured out the issue on  my own - I was creating an angled midplane and cutting in both directions to generate the "pie" segment. This is inappropriate, and instead a boundary blend feature should be used between sketches on the two faces of the disk.

Hi Will,

I am having this same problem. I am extruding a cut to make the pie shape. The exact same features worked for a larger pie cut I previously did but now I get your error. Why did you say your first method wasn't appropriate?

Ok so I solved my problem by making my pie cut include two of the symmetrical slices instead of just one. My guess is that Creo doesn't calculate small features well or when the two boundary planes are two close it can't calculate the revolved pieces well. About 9.7 degrees didn't work and about 19.4 degrees did work FYI.

Top Tags