cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Datum feature symbols gap from edge

kspabs
7-Bedrock

Datum feature symbols gap from edge

Using Creo 4.0, I'm having issues with inserting a Datum Feature Symbol that has a gap from the edge it is applied to in a drawing.

I have tried using annotated Datum markers in the part and showing this in the drawing, and inserting it directly to the drawing. The result is the same: the leader line runs directly to the edge and there is no gap. Not sure what the standard is in other industries, but my company likes to maintain a gap from all leaders coming off an edge. Can anyone advise on how to fix this? In 3.0 (we just upgraded), I had a handle to drag where I wanted but that seems to have disappeared in Creo 4.0.

6 REPLIES 6
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:kspabs)

@kspabs 

Try setting appropriate value for extension_line_offset

Or try the drawing option leader_extension_font as dashfont

kdirth
20-Turquoise

There should be a drag handle at each end of the extension line you can move.

datum1.jpgdatum2.jpg

There is always more to learn in Creo.
kspabs
7-Bedrock
(To:kdirth)

Before upgrading from 3 to 4, I had handles. I no longer see handles. Is this something that may be turned off in my config?

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I am currently using 4.  I don't know of a config that controls the viewing of handles.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

It appears you have created a Datum Feature Symbol.  For whatever reason, these do not have the same drag handles as a model datum.  Your symbol appears to be attached to a surface of the part.  I would suggest you move it to the dimension witness line that goes to that surface.

llie
16-Pearl

It is a reported bug with new detail option added to Creo Parametric 4.0 M130, 6.0.5.0, and 7.0.0.0.

We are using Creo 5.0.5.0 and we reported it to PTC,  SPR 7992253

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS298710?&language=en&posno=1&q=datum%20feature%20symbol%20line%20gap&source=search

Top Tags