cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Assembly layer issue. Can I stop it from graying out part in model tree? Creo 7

dunebuggyjay
12-Amethyst

Assembly layer issue. Can I stop it from graying out part in model tree? Creo 7

Hi Guys, 

Lets say I have an assembly. In the assembly I have a core, and cavity. 

In the assembly I want to make a layer called "core". I then select the core to put it on the layer.

Now i can hide and unhide with that layer. Great. 

Where i have an issue is now in the model tree the core is grayed out (when layer "core" is hidden. What i found is if I unhide this in the model tree, I can no longer hide and unhide in the layer tree. What the hell. Its almost like once I say show in model tree, it over writes the ability to layer hiding and unhiding. 

My Creo 3 did not do this. BUT it also did not gray out the parts in the model tree when I hide a layer with them on it. 

Can I stop things from getting grayed out in the model tree when I hide them on a layer? (like how our Creo 3 was working?) Then maybe no one will ever try and unhide a grayed out part that was on a hidden layer. 

Jay

2 REPLIES 2

Creo 4 UI is more consistent for how the model tree items are displayed - in Creo 3, an item hidden via layers would not be dimmed?

In either case, the config.pro option is of interest:

save_hidden_items_w_status NO

- this way you can at least stop Creo from saving the state of the special layers "Hidden Items" or "Shown Items" when layer status is saved (default action is YES)

It didn't do this in Creo 3, becaue in creo 3 it was impossible to show something that was on a hidden layer without going into the layer tree and unhiding the layer. In Creo 7, if something in on a hidden layer, you can still go into the layer tree and unhide it, exactly like you did in Creo 3. However, you can also select it in the model tree and show it. This will place it on the "shown items" layer, and it will be shown even if it's on a hidden layer. Just like if you hide a component it gets placed on the "hidden items" layer and is hidden even if it's on a layer that's shown.

Top Tags