cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Datum point on spline

npeyret
1-Newbie

Datum point on spline

Hello everyone,

I'm using Creo Parametric 3.0 M070.

I'm currently working on a molded part. The main portion of this part is made using a boundary blend (screenshot_2), which is made from 3 curves (see screenshot_1 : n°1 and n°2 are splines, n°3 is composed of three circular arcs). The datum point PNT9 is positioned on the n°3 curve.

When I measure the distance between the n°3 curve and the said point, i get 0.0000000000mm (as expected). But when I measure the distance between the edge of the surface corresponding to the n°3 curve and PNT9, i get a small distance (screenshot_3).

This datum point will be used to create futher surfaces, and that slight inaccuracy causes regen failures.

In the same part, the PNT6 datum point is created in the sketch of the n°2 curve and constrained on it. The end of the n°1 curve is constrained on this point. But when i measure the distance between PNT6 and whichever of the two curves, i stil get a small distance. This causes the boundary blend to get randomly messy around that spot.

I tried to adjust the precision of the part, but that didn't solve the problem.

So, if someone here had any clue, that might help me.

Thanks in advance,

Nicolas

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I suspect this is a calculation precision issue.

You can always create a support case.

Every surface related support case I filed was replied with a wealth of information from very knowledgeable sources.

Top Tags